It is the responsibility of the Wastewater Facilities to:
- Administer the Operations and Maintenance of the Water Reclamation and Effluent Irrigation Facilities
- To insure that operations will meet all Federal, State and Local requirements.
- To continue implementation of the City's Industrial Pretreatment Program as a method of source reduction of toxic compounds in the City's collection system and treatment plant.
- To operate and maintain, with as high a degree of efficiency attainable, the City's pump stations.
- To be fully prepared in cases of emergency or disasters. To utilize these facilities and equipment as intended for the protection of the community and the environment.
- To assist in overseeing the construction of new facilities within the collection system such as pumping stations, force mains and gravity sewers.
- To establish an aggressive preventative maintenance program in the collection system that increases capacity and velocities and reduces inflow and infiltration.
For questions or comments, contact customer service at (386) 752-2031